New version of link library plugin

At the request of a user, I have added three new pieces of functionality to my WordPress plugin called link-library. These are:

• Ability to only display links belonging to selected categories
  • Ability to display notes in addition to descriptions as opposed to instead of them
  • Ability to display link name at the same time as link images

Version 0.2 is now available to download from the WordPress Plugin Repository or can be downloaded directly here.

To help people get started with this plugin, I have added an extra file to download called links.zip. Simply unzip its contents to the directory of your WordPress theme. Once in place, you can create a new Page in the WordPress admin Manage section that uses the Links page template. Once you have your new page, you can just link to it from other parts of your blog or perhaps from the sidebar.

UPDATE: I have just updated the link-library plugin to work with WordPress 2.1. I also had to add a few parameters to the function to show all the links since they removed these parameters from the WordPress admin interface. I have only done basic testing on the plugin at this time and will test more when I upgrade my blog to version 2.1. For those who want to try using it right away, you can download the newest version of the plugin here. I also updated the usage example to show these new parameters.

15 Responses

1. I'm trying to setup the Link-Library.php plugin for Word press. When I activated it, I now get these errors:

Warning: Cannot modify header information – headers already sent by (output started at /home/s/squintdog/squintdog.com/wp-content/plugins/link-library.php:1) in /home/s/squintdog/squintdog.com/wp-admin/admin.php on line 10

Warning: Cannot modify header information – headers already sent by (output started at /home/s/squintdog/squintdog.com/wp-content/plugins/link-library.php:1) in /home/s/squintdog/squintdog.com/wp-admin/admin.php on line 11

Warning: Cannot modify header information – headers already sent by (output started at /home/s/squintdog/squintdog.com/wp-content/plugins/link-library.php:1) in /home/s/squintdog/squintdog.com/wp-admin/admin.php on line 12

Warning: Cannot modify header information – headers already sent by (output started at /home/s/squintdog/squintdog.com/wp-content/plugins/link-library.php:1) in /home/s/squintdog/squintdog.com/wp-admin/admin.php on line 13

Warning: Cannot modify header information – headers already sent by (output started at /home/s/squintdog/squintdog.com/wp-content/plugins/link-library.php:1) in /home/s/squintdog/squintdog.com/wp-admin/link-manager.php on line 192

2. Seo2 says:

I get the same error.

3. 3stripe says:

Me too 🙁

Does this plugin work with WP2? I really need it to…

4. Yannick Lefebvre says:

Yes, it works with 2.0, I am using it on this site which is running 2.0.2.

There seems to be some problems with downloading. I will look at posting a .zip version of the plugin on this page later tonight.

5. Johan says:

Installing it works. But how do I create a page that show all the links?

The current link plugin that I use, wants me to create a new page and add <!–linkpage–>

What do I need to do with your plugin?

6. Nicole says:

great plugin, can you explain it how to install it for non php coder, like me ??

7. Yannick Lefebvre says:

I am currently on travel and have limited access to the internet. I will try to post a more complete set of instructions next week when I am back. Sorry for the delay.

8. Yannick Lefebvre says:

To use this plugin, I have added an extra file to download to the original post at the top of this page. Just download links.zip and unzip its contents to the directory of your WordPress theme. Once in place, you can create a new Page in the WordPress admin Manage section that uses the Links page template.

Once you have your new page, you can just link to it. Let me know if this is clear enough.

9. jan says:

Could you update the plugin, so it will validate?

If possible, it's would be awesome, because i really like to plugin alot. Great work!

10. jan says:

Correction… *I really like this plugin alot.

Kinda sounds wrong the other comment 🙂

11. Yannick Lefebvre says:

Is validation a new thing in WordPress 2.1? I have not been able to keep up with the tool development with my new job.

12. sairuh says:

This plugin doesn't work with WordPress 2.1. That is, testing with WP 2.1rc1. I glanced at the code and it looks like it refers to the linkcategories table, which have been subsumed into categories, according to this article.

Any chance this plugin will be updated to work with WP 2.1? It's so useful!

13. Yannick Lefebvre says:

I will try to install a test copy of 2.1RC1 this week-end and look into this. Sorry for not looking into this earlier. I have been extremely busy between home and work.

14. Yannick Lefebvre says:

Sorry, I was not able to get to re-work this plugin over the week-end. I just downloaded the final version and will look at getting it updated tomorrow night.

1. January 28, 2007