New WP Plugin and a new take on an old one

I have been using WordPress for many years now to manage the content of my blog. I have also been maintaining a plugin called Link Library for it for a long time. Now, I recently went back to the Link Library code and improve it a lot.

I first made it so that you no longer would have to edit page templates to be able to use it. You can now just create a page and write a few keywords in the page body and Link Library will do its thing. I have also added a section in the admin page to configure the plugin output.

I also got inspired over the holidays and created a new plugin called Tune Library. The purpose of this new plugin is to allow users to import their iTunes collection into WordPress and be able to print the list of sonfgs from their library on their site.

I hope that you will enjoy this new plugin and the update to my existing plugin.

8 Responses

1. Victor says:

Hi – I was quite ecstatic to come across your link library plug-in. I have been looking for something like that for a while.

I have downloaded the file, installed it and put the code on the link page – and i get nothing. What am i missing? is there s detailed guide on how to install it? Also, how easy will it be to customize the presentation of the category lists – font, color, hover effects and more importantly, if it can be output in 2 columns. Thanks for the excellent tool.

2. Yannick Lefebvre says:

Hi Victor,

Just to make sure that I understand, did you use the [link-library] syntax or the PHP backend function syntax? Did you make sure that you type the command with the exact syntax (case-sensitive) listed in the installation instructions?

This might sound silly, but have you made sure that you have Links defined inside of your WordPress Links section?

Do you use a page template other than the default template for your Links Page that might not try to print the content of the page? If so, try to select the default template and see if anything gets printed. Can you check inside of the page source for your Links page if there are any comments printed by Link Library?

Yannick

3. TritonB7 says:

When using an ampersand sign “&” in my link category name the link category with the “&” includes all of the links in the other link categories when using the Link Library (version 1.1.4) plugin. I have resorted to just typing in “and” in place of “&”. Let me know if you need any further information.

4. Yannick Lefebvre says:

Thanks for the feedback. I will investigate this condition in the next day or two and will let you know if I can correct it.

Yannick

5. Yannick Lefebvre says:

I updated the plugin to address this issue. Update to version 1.1.6 and you will be able to use ampersands in your category names without any trouble.

6. TritonB7 says:

Hey Yannick, I just wanted to thank you for the fix. I noticed after I updated to 1.1.6 my link categories were not bold anymore. Is there a way I can style them so that I may make them bold again? The "&" signs are working now 🙂

7. Yannick Lefebvre says:

I changed the styling around the Link Categories names to fulfill a user's request. Instead of specifically using h2 tags, I changed to a div tag with the class linklistcatname. So, you could bring back the bold on these items by adding a block like the following to your blog's stylesheet:

.linklistcatname{

font-weight: bold;

}

8. TritonB7 says:

I have done what you suggested, and everything is working well. Thank you! 🙂